Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Today's Events

My cycle started back up today.  Major bummer!  This means that I will be starting round 10 of meds this week.  I am honestly getting sick and tired of all the meds, tests and doctor's appointments.  Today I also found out that I have been diagnosed with PCOS.  PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) is a condition in which a woman has an imbalance of a female sex hormones. This may lead to menstrual cycle changes, cysts in the ovaries, trouble getting pregnant, and other health changes.  Apparently, the doctor diagnosed me with this almost a year ago but I was never informed.  So now that I am aware of the problem, maybe we will be able to find a solution.  Initially, I was very overwhelmed and stressed out about the fact that actually have a diagnosis, but at the same time it is kind of nice to know what the issue is.

I am feeling very sad today.  I’m so ready for some good news to come my way.  I now will start round 10 and have another appointment at the end of the month.  At the appointment, they will check the size of my follicles and hopefully we will be able to set up another IUI – which is definitely what I am hoping for.  This round I will be taking the same meds as last round (Femara, dexamethasone and Gonal-F hormone injections) and will hopefully have a better outcome.

Please keep my husband and I in your thoughts and prayers as we start this next round! <3


1 comment: