Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bad Bad Day! :(

Today has been a very bad day!  Ugh... So as you all know, yesterday was my last day of Femara which means that today was day one of the hormone injections.  I am always scared when this day comes around... giving myself the shots never gets any easier... However, today was ten times worse than any other round... 

So, I will start from the beginning, this round I had to get my shots ordered for me through an outside pharmacy who delivered them to my house - which is fine... less work for me.  Today I opened up the box to find out that it was NOT the same shot that I had been given before.  Prior to this round, the infertility clinic has always given me my shots.  And it has always been a pre-filled pen type shot (see pic below).
This time, I was given actual syringes with an actual vial and had to fill the syringe myself... Yeah - I have NEVER done that before!  So... Needless to say, after many phone calls to a couple pharmacies, we were told to just wait until we can talk to the nurses at the infertility clinic so that they can tell me exactly what to do.  The pen was pre-filled so I did not have to worry about dosages or anything else, whereas with the new shot they gave me, I clearly would have to know how much to inject.  Ahhh... So stressful! Hopefully we will be able to talk to the infertility clinic right away in the morning so we can sort this out.  Since there is no 24 hour nurses line or anything of that sort - we are missing out on today's injection which I am hoping does not mess up everything we have worked for this round. 

I am starting to feel so incredibly overwhelmed with all of this...  I always try to keep my head up high and post positive posts the best that I can.  But with all of the complications that have been going on lately, I am starting to get very down.  I am trying to lift myself back up as soon as I possibly can because I really don't like feeling this way!

As always, thank you all for reading and supporting me along the way.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment