Monday, February 24, 2014

:(

I honestly don't even know what to say... It is becoming a reality that this may just never happen... I never wanted to accept that - or face it, but I may not have an option...

At today's appointment, the doctor was looking to see if there were any mature follicles.  He was unable to find any.  I had one follicle which was 8mm (a mature follicle is about 18mm - 22mm).  So, I have to go back in on Wednesday for another follicle scan to see if this little guy has grown at all.  IF it has, then we will continue on this round and see what happens and hopefully will be trying artificial insemination again.  If not, then we will be moving on to round number 11.

Round number 11 will be a little different.  The doctor wants to up my injections so that I will be doing more than 3 days of the shots.  This will hopefully help my body produce follicles properly.  We will try this approach a couple of rounds - if needed.  If this also fails, we will be discussing harsher treatment options.

One option that we have is solely hormone injections without any oral meds.  This can cause me to produce very many follicles... like 7 or 8 of them... which would cause us to have to cancel the round so that we do not end up with high multiple births.  Also, with  just hormone injections, my insurance will not allow me to do artificial insemination (IUI) as well - due to the price of the injections and the IUI - so these rounds would be based solely on timed intercourse... which has not worked for us thus far...

Another option that we have is surgery. With surgery, they would burn a portion of my ovary in order to try to help the hormone production.  According to the doctor, this could help - hopefully.  If not, our final option is In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)....  Which is $8,000+ (if we get it done BEFORE Randy gets out of the military... If we do not get it done before then, it will cost us $16,000+).  Sadly, even IVF is not a guarantee.  I wish I could see a few years from now and see if everything works out... I want to be able to know if there is a purpose to all of this... I think I deserve to know what is going to come of this....

It seems like we are approaching a dead end... I am feeling sooo discouraged and disappointed.  Women out there that have children... NEVER EVER take them for granted.  Never take the fact that you can get pregnant for granted.  Never mistreat those little babies and always give them all of your love.  There are women out there that would literally do anything to be able to reproduce - believe me I am one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment