Thursday, February 13, 2014

Scary Stuff!

So... In the midst of doing research about PCOS and how it totally changes things, I stumbled upon a webpage about how PCOS will affect my potential pregnancy.... I can honestly say that I am terrified....  It was one thing thinking that I had unexplained infertility, but to know that I have a diagnosis and that I have PCOS really frightens me.  I am going to include the beginning paragraph in this post, and will also include the link in case you choose to look further into it...

"Women with PCOS are at higher risk for certain problems or complications during pregnancy. In addition, infants born to mothers with PCOS are at higher risk of spending time in the neonatal intensive care unit or dying before, during, or right after birth. Complications of pregnancy associated with PCOS, such as preeclampsia, could be a reason for these risks. Also, conditions common to PCOS like metabolic syndrome and increased androgens may increase the risks affecting infants."

This REALLY scares me guys!!  I know that there are many women who face these issues, and please, if you are one of these women, reach out to me!  I could really use someone to talk to that knows what this is like.

As always, please keep us in our thoughts and prayers!  Your support is very much so appreciated!!  <3

http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/PCOS/conditioninfo/Pages/pregnancy.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment