Thursday, February 27, 2014

Follow-Up Appointment

Yesterday was my follow-up appointment where we would double check on the follicle that the doctor had found on Monday. Well... that follicle did not grow, nor was it even mentioned.  However, there was a 'shadow' that appeared to be a follicle that has collapsed and/or started to absorb.  There was also some liquid present indicating that ovulation had occurred.  This means, that for the 2nd month in a row, we have missed ovulation.  The good news is, my body seems to be reacting properly to the meds and is therefore ovulating like it is supposed to.  The bad news is that I am ovulating at all different times throughout my cycle so there is really no way of knowing when it is occurring, which makes the whole timing thing somewhat complicated.

I now have to go in for blood work on Tuesday to check my progesterone levels which will help the doctor know for sure whether or not I have ovulated.  If I have, we will wait for my next cycle to begin and will go from there.  This next round of meds will be similar to this last round.  However, I will be doing hormone injections for 5 days instead of 3 and I will be going to the doctor much sooner in my cycle and will be seen much more frequently throughout the cycle so that we can hopefully catch ovulation BEFORE it happens rather than after.

I am pleased to know that I am ovulating (or so we think) at this point.  I just can't wait until everything starts falling into place the way that it is supposed to.  This will be round number 11 - crazy to even think about that.... We shall see what the test results say on Tuesday which will help us to know what my body is doing.... We all need to sit down with my ovaries and tell them that they need to start cooperating! haha!!

As always, thank you for reading and for supporting me every step of the way!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment